Does My Crawl Space Need A Vapor Barrier?
For crawl spaces in Nashville, the short answer is yes. A basic vapor barrier installation is a great way to prevent moisture in your crawl space because it covers the floor. If a vapor barrier is insufficient, we recommend additional protection through crawl space encapsulation.
The Benefits Of Installing A Vapor Barrier In Your Crawl Space:
The U.S. Department of Energy recommends the installation of a vapor barrier as an effective way to control moisture in your crawl space. Installation reduces the risk of mold growth, wood rot, and other moisture-related issues by lowering relative humidity and wood moisture content.
Improved Indoor Air Quality
Installing a vapor barrier can help improve the indoor air quality of your home by reducing the risk of mold and wood fungus growth on the exposed floor framing, decreasing the chances of respiratory health problems. Vapor barriers cover the bare soil and rock of your crawl space, virtually eliminating the evaporative effect of moisture.
By controlling moisture in your crawl space with a vapor barrier, you can reduce the workload of your HVAC system, resulting in lower energy bills and increased energy efficiency.
Increased Home Value
A properly installed vapor barrier can add value to your home by protecting it from moisture-related issues and improving indoor air quality. This can be an attractive feature for potential buyers if you ever decide to sell your home.
Our Crawl Space Vapor Barrier Installation Process
At The Clean Air Co., every project begins with a comprehensive crawl space inspection to determine the right approach. Additionally, we access and provide solutions to prevent water seepage and unwanted outside air from entering the crawl space. Our team tidies up your crawl space before installing a heavy-duty, puncture, and tear-resistant vapor barrier.
- Now my crawl space is so nice I am able to store some of my nicer things down there. It has opened up much more room for me. Besides that the smells that were coming from down there are gone. Thanks for a great job Jim.MMrs. Nancy C.
- I was able to walk inside my house this past winter barefoot thanks to the job Jim and his guys did in my crawl space. I had been suffering from severe allergies and now I am not bothered by them at all and my floor is rather comfortable in the winter and summer.MMr. Tommy S.
- Never thought about actually going into my crawl space before as it is a very yucky place. But after Jim and his crew finished I really did go in there. It is now beautiful, has no odor, no insects, very low humidity and feels rather pleasant down there.MMrs. Robert B.
- The Clean Air Co. is the best mold removal and air duct cleaning company in town by far! I had a bad mold problem under my home, but Jim took care of it. He also did a fantastic job of cleaning my air ducts. Now I feel better and my house smells way better!RRhett B.
- Referred by HVAC Service We are new to the area and one of the heating and air conditioning service companies referred you to us. We are glad they told us about your company because we were so pleased with your service. We will refer you to all of our new friends and neighbors.AA. Hendrix
- Made Additional Repairs for Free Jim and Terri came out and were very professional and thorough. They did a great job cleaning our ducts. They even found one that was not connected properly and fixed it at no additional charge. I sure appreciate the quality of a job done well!JJ. Nay
- Duct Cleaning Took Care of Allergy Symptoms What a difference! My children now rarely have allergy symptoms. They sleep better, feel better and are doing better at school because of this. Thank you for your great service. Can't believe I did not think of this before!JJ. Walker
- Very Professional I HIGHLY recommend The Clean Air Co. LLC. Local husband and wife team, very professional and personal. Explained everything they were doing and why they did it that way. I could tell instantly I had cleaner air once they were finished and all the pet dander was gone. If you use them, I promise you won't be disappointed.RR. Sevier
Facts And Questions About Vapor Barrier Installation
As Nashville's premier vapor barrier installation company, we always provide outstanding customer service. We start by answering the most common questions we receive about crawl space vapor barriers.
What Is Vapor Barrier Installation?
Vapor barrier installation involves covering and sealing the bare earth and soil in your crawl space by installing thick, heavy-duty polyethylene sheeting over the ground, helping prevent moisture, mold, and odors from circulating throughout your home.
What Are Vapor Barriers Made Of?
The best vapor barriers are constructed of heavy-duty, virgin polyethylene. The Clean Air Co. uses only the best materials to protect your home. Our vapor barriers are lab tested to prove their effectiveness, demonstrating their ability to resist moisture, tears, and punctures.
Can I Install A Vapor Barrier Myself?
While installing a vapor barrier yourself is possible, consulting with a professional is always recommended. Our crawl space inspections typically uncover issues that were unknown and unseen by the homeowner. Done incompletely or incorrectly, sealing a crawl space can potentially cause crawl space moisture issues to get even worse.
How Much Does Vapor Barrier Installation Cost In Nashville?
The cost of installing a vapor barrier in your crawl space varies depending on the size, the level of work required, and any additional services required. That’s why The Clean Air Co. provides FREE crawl space inspections and answers any additional questions to give homeowners a better idea of costs.