Why Do You Need A Dehumidifier In The Crawl Space?
Moisture and relative humidity are the main reasons your crawl space needs a dehumidifier. Mold can grow in any crawl space with humidity over 70%. Without a dehumidifier, your crawl space will reach and exceed this level 6-8 months of the year. A properly sized and installed dehumidifier will control crawl space humidity, preventing the conditions that invite mold growth, wood rot, and pests.
Instant Benefits From Installing The Right Crawl Space Dehumidifier:
Proper installation of a commercial-grade crawl space dehumidifier helps reduce humidity and wood moisture levels, preventing the conditions that foster mold growth and improving the indoor air quality of your home.
Improves Indoor Air Quality
By removing excess moisture and reducing humidity, installing a crawl space dehumidifier helps improve the overall air quality in your home, making it easier to breathe and reducing allergens.
Protects Structural Integrity
High humidity in your crawl space can lead to wood rot, decay, and structural damage over time. Installing a properly sized crawl space dehumidifier will help protect the wood structure of your home by controlling and stabilizing moisture levels.
Increased Energy Efficiency
Excess humidity can make your HVAC system work harder, increasing energy bills. Installing a dehumidifier can reduce this workload by making it easier for your system to cool and dehumidify your home, lowering energy costs.
What’s Included in Our Crawl Space Dehumidifier Installation
We begin by providing a comprehensive crawl space evaluation to determine the appropriate dehumidifier for the size and layout of your home. We also include plumbing and electrical services to ensure a proper installation. As a bonus, we install a hard-wired monitor, allowing you to read crawl space humidity and temperature from the first floor of your home. At The Clean Air Co., all of our dehumidifiers come with a 5-year manufacturer's warranty. Optional maintenance services are also available.
- Now my crawl space is so nice I am able to store some of my nicer things down there. It has opened up much more room for me. Besides that the smells that were coming from down there are gone. Thanks for a great job Jim.MMrs. Nancy C.
- I was able to walk inside my house this past winter barefoot thanks to the job Jim and his guys did in my crawl space. I had been suffering from severe allergies and now I am not bothered by them at all and my floor is rather comfortable in the winter and summer.MMr. Tommy S.
- Never thought about actually going into my crawl space before as it is a very yucky place. But after Jim and his crew finished I really did go in there. It is now beautiful, has no odor, no insects, very low humidity and feels rather pleasant down there.MMrs. Robert B.
- The Clean Air Co. is the best mold removal and air duct cleaning company in town by far! I had a bad mold problem under my home, but Jim took care of it. He also did a fantastic job of cleaning my air ducts. Now I feel better and my house smells way better!RRhett B.
- Referred by HVAC Service We are new to the area and one of the heating and air conditioning service companies referred you to us. We are glad they told us about your company because we were so pleased with your service. We will refer you to all of our new friends and neighbors.AA. Hendrix
- Made Additional Repairs for Free Jim and Terri came out and were very professional and thorough. They did a great job cleaning our ducts. They even found one that was not connected properly and fixed it at no additional charge. I sure appreciate the quality of a job done well!JJ. Nay
- Duct Cleaning Took Care of Allergy Symptoms What a difference! My children now rarely have allergy symptoms. They sleep better, feel better and are doing better at school because of this. Thank you for your great service. Can't believe I did not think of this before!JJ. Walker
- Very Professional I HIGHLY recommend The Clean Air Co. LLC. Local husband and wife team, very professional and personal. Explained everything they were doing and why they did it that way. I could tell instantly I had cleaner air once they were finished and all the pet dander was gone. If you use them, I promise you won't be disappointed.RR. Sevier
Common Questions About Crawl Space Dehumidifiers
As Nashville's premier crawl space dehumidifier installer, we always do our best for our customers. Here are some of the most common questions we receive about crawl space dehumidifiers and installing them.
How Much Does Installing A Dehumidifier Cost In Nashville?
The cost of installing a crawl space dehumidifier in Nashville depends on various factors, such as the size of your crawl space, the type of dehumidifier, and any additional features required for the installation. The Clean Air Co. provides FREE estimates to install a dehumidifier.
How Long Does It Take To Install A Dehumidifier?
The installation process of a crawl space dehumidifier typically takes from a few hours to a full day, depending on the crawl space size and the complexity of the installation.
How Much Does A Crawl Space Dehumidifier Cost To Run?
While installing a dehumidifier will increase energy costs by a little, these increases are most often offset by the reduced workload and increased efficiency of your HVAC System. When installed as part of a crawl space encapsulation project, the overall improvements more than offset any additional utility costs.
Does A Crawl Space Dehumidifier Require Bi-Annual Coil Cleaning?
Yes, we recommend routine filter changes (2x per year) and annual cleaning of the dehumidifier’s coils and pump equipment. While some of our customers elect to perform this maintenance themselves, we also offer optional maintenance programs to keep your crawl space dehumidifier operating at its best. During our service visits, we also provide a free crawl space inspection to provide added peace of mind.